|Abstract submission opens||Monday 2 January 2017|
|Abstract submission closes||Monday 24 April 2017|
|Authors notified of outcome||Monday 8 May 2017|
|Authors notified of program placement||Monday 15 May 2017|
|Presenting author registration deadline||Monday 5 June 2017|
Call for papers has closed
Tell your story at the 2017 Australian Walking and Cycling Conference. We invite abstracts addressing the conference theme “Low tech movement in a high tech world” or other topics relevant to walking and cycling. We encourage presentations on both research and practice. This is a friendly conference and will provide a welcoming environment for all, regardless of your level of experience.
20 minute podium presentations. Three learnshop presentations on related topics will be grouped together in a session. At the end of the session, delegates will have approximately ten minutes to reflect and discuss in small groups, and then ten minutes to feed these reflections back to the presenters and ask questions.
Spin cycle presentation
Short, fast-paced podium presentations, accompanied by a slideshow of 15 slides displayed for 15 seconds each, giving you a total of 3 minutes and 45 seconds to present.
Round table presentations
Verbal presentations to a small table of delegates for up to 10 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of group discussion. You will have the opportunity to present to three groups of delegates across the course of the session. This is a great format for seeking feedback and starting conversations.
Email your abstract here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts must have the following elements:
- Presenting author & institution
- Presenting author e-mail
- Presenting author bio: Up to 75 words
- Additional authors & institutions
- Preferred presentation type: Learnshop, spin cycle or round table
- Abstract summary: A brief description of your abstract of no more than 30 words.
- Abstract text: Up to 350 words. May include pictures, diagrams or figures.
Conditions of submission
The AWCC conference committee will be pleased to assist if you have any questions or queries. Please read these guidelines before submitting your abstract.
- It is a condition of submission that the presenting author of the abstract must register and pay for the conference by Monday 5 June 2017. If your registration is not received by this date abstracts may be excluded from the program.
- Co-authored abstract submissions must nominate a single presenting author.
- The Australian Walking and Cycling Conference Committee reserves the right to change the author’s selected format. Contributor(s) will be advised of any changes made.
- Selected contributors are responsible for their own travel arrangements.
- The abstract review process is managed by the Australian Walking and Cycling Conference Committee. All authors will receive a response to their abstract. The purpose of the response is to encourage the best possible presentation for a broad audience.
- The Australian Walking and Cycling Conference Committee is responsible for making final conference programming decisions.
- Providing an abstract implies permission for the conference organisers to reproduce abstracts on the Conference website and in the printed conference program.