- Abstract submission opens Monday 22 April 2019
- Abstract submission closes Monday 22 July 2019
- Authors notified of outcome Monday 19 August 2019
- Authors notified of program placement (date and time) Monday 26 August 2019
- Presenting author registration deadline Monday 16 September 2019
- Conference Thursday 24 and Friday 25 October 2019
Call for abstracts
Call for abstracts now open!
Tell your story at the 2019 Australian Walking and Cycling Conference. We invite abstracts addressing the conference theme: Active Transport in a Changing Climate or other topics relevant to walking and cycling. We encourage presentations on both research and practice. This is a friendly conference and will provide a welcoming environment for all, regardless of your level of experience.
20 minute podium presentations. Three learnshop presentations on related topics will be grouped together in a session. At the end of the session, delegates will have approximately ten minutes to reflect and discuss in small groups, and then ten minutes to feed these reflections back to the presenters and ask questions.
Spin cycle presentation
Short, fast-paced podium presentations, accompanied by a slideshow of 15 slides displayed for 15 seconds each, giving you a total of 3 minutes and 45 seconds to present.
Round table presentations
Verbal presentations to a small table of delegates for up to 10 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of group discussion. You will have the opportunity to present to three groups of delegates across the course of the session. This is a great format for seeking feedback and starting conversations.
Abstracts must have the following elements:
- Presenting author & institution
- Presenting author e-mail
- Presenting author bio: Up to 75 words
- Additional authors & institutions
- Preferred presentation type: Learnshop, spin cycle or round table
- Abstract summary: A brief description of your abstract of no more than 30 words.
- Abstract text: Up to 350 words. May include pictures, diagrams or figures.
You may submit your abstract as a Microsoft Word document or include it in the body of your e-mail.
Conditions of submission
The AWCC conference committee will be pleased to assist if you have any questions or queries. Please read these guidelines before submitting your abstract.
- Abstracts not adhering to the guidelines will not be accepted.
- It is a condition of submission that the presenting author of the abstract must register and pay for the conference by Monday 16 September 2019. If your registration is not received by this date abstracts may be excluded from the program.
- Co-authored abstract submissions must nominate a single presenting author.
- The Australian Walking and Cycling Conference Committee reserves the right to change the author’s selected format. Contributor(s) will be advised of any changes made.
- Selected contributors are responsible for their own travel arrangements.
- The abstract review process is managed by the Australian Walking and Cycling Conference Committee. All authors will receive a response to their abstract. The purpose of the response is to encourage the best possible presentation for a broad audience.
- The Australian Walking and Cycling Conference Committee is responsible for making final conference programming decisions.
- Providing an abstract implies permission for the conference organisers to reproduce abstracts on the conference website and in the conference program.